The Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc is a Baroque monument built in 1716-1754 in honour of God. The main purpose was a spectacular celebration of the Catholic Church and faith, partly caused by feeling of gratitude for ending a plague, wich struck Moravia between 1714 and 1716. The column was understood to be an expression of local patriotism, since all artists and master craftsmen working on the monument were Olomouc citizens, and almost all depicted saints were connected with the city of Olomouc in some way. In 2000 it was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List as ''one of the most exceptional examples of the apogee of central European Baroque artistic expression''.
Many thanks to dear Radim for really nice postcard sent with the matching stamp!