Burgdorf Castle is a castle in the municipality of Burgdorf in the canton of Bern. It is a Swiss heritage site of national significance. The castle was rebuilt around 1175 by Berthold IV of Zahringen. In 1250 it was extended through the Kyburgs. In 1798 it became the seat of the Bernese administrator. Then, in 1800, the famous educator, Heinrich Pestalozzi established a school in the castle. Only four years later, the cantonal administration took over the castle and converted it into government offices. In 1886 the castle was renovated and the Castle Museum opened in the so-called Knight's Hall.
Many thanks to Andy!